Saturday, January 07, 2006

Help Grace Decide

I'm not usually an indecisive person, but I've been dithering about whether or not to take this course for a couple of months. Help!






Should Grace take the Intro to the New Testament Class at the Austin Seminary Extension this spring?
You are a CRAZY woman. This spring you have to plan a wedding plus begin a new midweek program at church plus all your other usual stuff.
Go for it! There's nothing like being forced to read the Bible to keep perspective on things like weddings and church responsibilities.
Wussy out and audit the course instead of taking it for credit. You're not pursuing a degree right now anyway.
Take it for credit, don't be a wuss. You may want the credit someday to add to the Interpretation of the Bible class you took a couple of years ago.


  

Free polls from Pollhost.com

8 comments:

reverendmother said...

1. Who's teaching?

2. I find that the busier I am, the better I'm able to manage everything (although I'm now on a break ftom busy-ness!). I say go for it, assuming an exciting answer to #1.

Kathryn said...

How expensive is it? I ask because weddings tend to be on the costly side, and if its going to add extra financial as well as time pressure, then maybe now is not the best moment. On the other hand,having something totally unrealated, that will give you the chance to focus on manageable tasks,might be very good Mother of the Bride therapy!
Oh, I'm alot of help, aren't I?!?

Jody Harrington said...

Reverendmother--
That's part of the problem. The teacher is a local pastor (with Dr. in his name) not one of their usual professors. Neither of the pastors at my church know him--the senior pastor said he thought he'd be good if he was chosen by the seminary. That's not a very good recommendation, and I don't want to waste my time with a poor prof at this point. I need to ask about him some more.

Kathryn--
This wouldn't add any extra financial pressure, that's not an issue. I think reverendmother's query raises an issue I haven't resolved.

Becky Ardell Downs said...

yeah, I think who's teaching it is a good question too. is he new to the area? where did he come from? who is this guy anyway? hmmmm. . . on the other hand, having something to focus on like New Testament could be the perfect antidote to wedding crazies. Not that the Grace family would have any of those, of course . . .

opinionated said...

It'll be offered again sometime won't it?

Unknown said...

I think I'd hold off. Let yourself enjoy the whole wedding experience and don't make life more stressful, especially since you aren't excited about the instructor.
And if you're thinking of pursuing a degree, don't you think we all ought to be discussing that? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Call the Prof and talk to him. Get a sense of what he's about and the class that would be taught by him.

You can never have too much school in your life! (Spoken by a self-identified academaholic...take it for what it's worth!)

ax174 said...

Classical Presbyterian said...
> You can never have too much school in your life!

I wholeheartedly agree - go for it!