Friday, October 13, 2006

Bush Administration Prevents 2nd Coming


It's Friday the thirteenth, and time for another report from Houston on the doings of our local religious fringe leaders.

Houston-based evangelist Dr. (of what???) K.A.Paul , speaking at a rally in Cleveland, accused the Bush administration of delaying the Second Coming of Christ.

Hmmmm. So does K. A. Paul believe that the election of Democrats will hasten the coming of Christ? Somehow I don't think the Democratic Party will be campaigning on that platform.

7 comments:

spookyrach said...

Boy, I knew the president was a powerful position, but dang!

Anonymous said...

I second Spookyrach's point--The Dems will not be glad to hear that Bush can control God!

So maybe Bush DID send Katrina, after all...

Karen Sapio said...

Hmmm. Ethical dilemma here. I don't actually think that Jesus will come back if the Dems get elected. But would I be willing to promote that idea if I thought it would swing the election? Must. Resist. Temptation.

Unknown said...

Oh now thats a good one for Friday the 13th

Theresa Coleman said...

OK now.
That's so very special....

Lori said...

I can just picture Jesus looking down at us while holding his waiting heavenly host back with his hand saying, "No, wait guys, just wait a second....Hey Dad! You're not gonna believe what that Bushie's done now! You gotta see this"

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how some people feel that God is so small as to be controllable.

ex. My wife is a wedding photographer. Most people prefer the photographer not move around during the ceremony, so she has the bride and groom place the rings on each others fingers during the pictures before the service (to get close ups). One pastor wouldn't allow the couple to do this because in his words "it is bad luck" to wear them before the actual wedding. As if God is so small that wearing the rings early would cause him to change or alter the plans he had for their life. I don't know about you, but I see God as so much more I can't describe!