Wednesday, October 10, 2007

In Search of Fall


Here's a picture of something you can't find in my neck of the woods: beautiful fall leaves. The Bradford pear trees in our neighborhood have beautiful red leaves --but not until December.

So this weekend El Jefe and I are off to his alma mater to visit with friends and see a football game--and get a taste of fall weather.

I'll get a chance to take a sweater or two for the outing. Sweaters that will return to languish in my closet for a few more weeks while summer lingers in the Houston area. Lingers? Well, it never really goes away. You just get a norther now and then in the fall and winter.

Alas there's no internet in the hotel we're staying in, so I doubt I'll be blogging again until next week unless I can figure out how to do it with the infamous Blackberry.

Go Bulldogs.

4 comments:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

your summer was up north this weekend in the twin cities... and now we have truly fallen into fall and the leaves are dropping waaay to fast. i have a feeling it may be a white november in the north country.

Jan said...

I love your picture of fall leaves! I miss those here in Corpus Christi, just like you do. Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Lori said...

I hope you have a great trip and visit. Enjoy the game and get a picture of you guys standing in front of leaves like this!

We promise, cross our hearts, not to whisper behind your Blackberry while you are gone (hee hee hee)

(I'm feeling naught today)

St. Casserole said...

Beautiful weekend to go see a game! Will El Jefe survive no Blackberry? Let us know when you return.

We behaved while you were gone...