Saturday, April 22, 2006

Linens and Lace Shower


Here's the table decorations for Portia's Linens and Lace shower tomorrow. Of course, the decorated champagne glasses will be placed on top of the handtowel when I do the real thing--but I wanted you to be able to read it!

Babs is hosting a "Linens and Lace" shower in Austin at a lovely restaurant during brunch. Our San Antonio relatives will be able to join us and I'm driving up tomorrow morning with my sister-in-law and my niece and precious Baby Annie. Portia's girlfriends from law school will all be there, too.

In other wedding news, I'm happy to report that the invitations have gone to the printer. Our goal is to mail them by the end of June so that should give us plenty of time to address them, buy stamps, etc. Next week Dorothy and I will resume the search for the perfect MOTB dress.

7 comments:

little david said...

Love the handtowle, QG! That's a hoot.

little david said...

Oops, I mean "towel" (force of habit).

Patti said...

Sounds like fun. And by the way, winter is only 6 months long here.

spookyrach said...

hyuck, hyuck, david. (took me a minute)

That's really funny, QG! Did you paint the glasses, too?

Jody Harrington said...

Rach--
I'm not that clever. I bought them and spent too much $$ but justified it by keeping them and I plan to use them at Portia's last shower in August and for the rehearsal dinner. Then later in the fall, I can bring them out for a wedding shower for one of Portia and Bab's friends who is getting married in December. I feel better already!

see-through faith said...

this is GREAT :)
and what a lovely idea.

can't wait to see the MOTB dress when it's found!

Ryan said...

I'm doing a linens and lace shower for my sister. Was there a quote that went on the invitation? I found your blog via a search for this on google.