Here are the workshops I registered for at the APCE (Association of Presbyterian Church Educators) conference that begins in St. Louis tomorrow:
1. Introduction to the new PCUSA Confirmation Curriculum. I'm going to this one to check it out for our senior pastor.
2. Deepening Your Bible Study. This session is designed to explore different ways of reading and interpreting biblical texts. I'm hoping this will give me some new tools for leading adult Bible studies.
3. Attracting Adult Learners. This is supposed to help you with comprehensive congregational planning for adult Christian education. I signed up for it because I'm convinced we have to expand our adult CE beyond Sunday School.
4. Beside the Still Waters: Reclaiming the Sabbath. Maybe this will give some practical advice on how not to be totally shot by Sunday evening. At the least it should provide time for a nap, don't you think?
5. As Seen On TV. A look at media images of families and the issues these images bring back to the Church. I signed up for this because it seems to go along with my "quotidian" theme and because people like to discuss TV shows and movies.
If any of you have a particular interest in any of these workshops, let me know in the comments and I will make a point of posting a report on it.
Fine print warning: I don't always attend the workshops I sign up for. Occasionally other attendees tell you about a "can't miss" workshop you didn't consider previously and you sneak in if you can. SHHHHH....don't tell.