Monday, October 09, 2006

The Ministry of Skidboot

My brother sent me this video clip from a San Antonio station. It's about a cowboy in Quinlan Texas, his amazing dog Skidboot, and the ministry he didn't know he had. There are glimpses of everyday grace in this story--it's about 8 minutes long, but worth it.

I'm dedicating this to Gretel The Noble Dog, who's not famous but just as beloved as Skidboot. I just took her to the vet because of a mass on the side of her head. The vet put her on antibiotics in the hope it's an inflamed lymph node. If it doesn't improve in 48 hours, then it's a tumor and bad news indeed.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, prayers for you and Gretel TND!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Thanks so much for sharing the video clip. It was a thing of beauty. We're praying for Gretel.

zorra said...

I'm praying for Gretel! Please keep me posted.

Thanks so much for the great Skidboot clip. You can see he's at least half cattle dog :-). David Hartwig calls him "part blue heeler, part gift from God."

St. Casserole said...

Oh! I want Gretel to be well!
I'll remember her in my prayers. Keep us posted, ok?

Go, antibiotics, go!

Lori said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. Big help for me today.

And prayers for Gretel the Noble Dog. I have a story of hope from the feline side for you: My dad's cat, Ah Ti, lived a quality two years after a diagnosis of cancer and respiratory disease, and given only a couple months. We loved her through till this past spring. Here's hoping for the best news for Gretel.

Theresa Coleman said...

Prayer for Gretel, the Noble Dog.
Prayer for QG, too.

DogBlogger said...

Add us to the puppy-prayers for Gretel list!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh man, that got to me. Amazing! I'm sitting here at my computer with tears streaming down my face! (Okay, so I am a dog lover...but it was more than that.)

God bless those two--David and Skidboot. Wow. And I'm praying for QG Gretel too.

Mary Beth said...

Your poor baby. God bless you all and Gretel especially.