Monday, May 12, 2008

PNC's GA NewsBlog Launched


We've launched a blog for the presbytery of New Covenant for the purpose of posting news of particular interest to those of us in PNC from the upcoming 218th General Assembly of the PCUSA (June 21-28). The idea is that our commissioners, staff and other PNC folk attending as observers will email events as they happen, along with their observations about their experiences.

You'll note the link on the sidebar of QG to the PNC GA Newsblog. That's because your humble scribe was asked by presbytery staff to stay home in her pajamas and act as blog administrator, editor, and general factotum because I have blogging experience. (The Moderator of PNC does not go to GA as a commissioner as is the case in some other presbyteries.) Having a separate blog for GA happenings will keep the QG blog from becoming hopelessly PresbyPolityWonkish and boring during GA. I will probably do some cross-posting, though.

Because we understand that there isn't internet access in the meeting rooms, I will also use other media sources for information. Fortunately, you don't need a press pass to be a blogger! But will I need new pj's? And a robe? Maybe green ones, since our presbytery logo is green?

9 comments:

Rev Kim said...

Oh yes, new pj's and a robe are definitely in order!

Shawn said...

I'm hoping to facilitate blogger and other Web 2.0 connections at GA.

http://www.igeekrev.com/?p=149

I'm going to be there in blogging and podcasting capacity so I'll drop an email here and there for the PNC blog.

Lori said...

So you won't be traveling out to my coast?

Darn, and I was gonna arm wrestle you into going home via connecting flight down here.

Pajamas at home will probably be lots more fun...

Anonymous said...

definately new pajamas are in order - one pair per day of course with coordinating robe and cushy slippers...

Anonymous said...

The Moderator of our presbytery is going to GA as an overture advocate to delete G.106-B from the Constitution...

PresbyG

Jody Harrington said...

Shawn,

Thanks, we'd love to get updates from you for the newsblog. I'll also link your blog on the sidebar.

Mac said...

I'm disappointed. I thought the picture was the uniform your presbytery had selected for its commissioners and observers. The only thing missing was the name and number on the back. 8>)

Jody Harrington said...

Mac,

It would make a great uniform! The number on the back could be the number of our overture. I think cowboy hats and boots should complete the outfit, don't you?

Mac said...

As one who wears a hat and boots every day (and in Philadelphia, that is saying something), I agree completely.