Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Glorious in Sugar Land

This has been the been one of the nicest springs ever here. It didn't get hot too fast and it hasn't been humid. The downside is that its been very very dry. However our spring flowers are the prettiest I can remember, so I just had to share them with you.

 This is a view of the flowerbeds on the left side of the front yard and house.


This is a close-up of the same flower beds so you can see the pretty tiny pink flowers on the edge. This plant survived the freezes and once cut back came back like a champ!


This is part of the back yard. We had to replace the bouganvilla that died in the winter freezes, but the roses and the Mexican firecracker came back good as new!

We've probably got a couple more weeks--at the most--for our glorious spring flowers before the summer heat sets in and the annuals have to be pulled up. So I had to have the pictures to remember them by.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love how established your landscaping looks! I am still waiting to see what will be able to pull out of the freeze malaise - but most everything survived here also

jody,too said...

I believe that is guara - the pretty pink flower that you cut and came back. I love it. Your beds do look fab!!