Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Preparing for #MN2011

Eleven of us from our church will be flying out tomorrow to Minneapolis for the big Fellowship of Presbyterians Gathering. I'm looking forward to escaping the 100 degree days here, but from the looks of the schedule, am not likely to spend any time outdoors in the cooler weather there.

With close to 2,000 registered, this event promises to be a larger gathering of Presbyterians than the biannual General Assembly meetings. I've agreed to be a table leader which means I will be assigned a group of 10 participants who will meet periodically throughout the two day meeting for discussion. Table leaders are also going to communicate feedback and questions from their groups which will be fed into the Q&A sessions that are scheduled. Have IPad, will travel!

The meeting has its own Twitter hashtag (#MN2011). Don't hold your breath for any tweets from me since I'll be busy facilitating a group. I'm sure others more adept than I at digital multi-tasking will keep the tweets flowing.

I hope to meet some of my Gentle Readers and Facebook friends there. Let me know in the comments if you are going.

2 comments:

Mac said...

You are in my prayers. I've been re-reading Lankford's Cry Havoc! The Crooked Road To Civil War, 1861.

If those of us who met in Edina, MN in 2005 represent the firsts wave of secession, then surely this meeting mirrors the attempts of the middle States as they sought to find some middle ground. That they were unsuccessful is history--that your group will be led to a similar conclusion is not. As Christians, it seems to me that we have always considered "thy will be done" to be the hardest part of His prayer. As I wrote in our report (A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven), we must go where God calls us, whether to new pastures to do a new thing or back into the old sheepfold to restore and renew it. May His guidance to this meeting be clearly evident and clearly received.

God speed, dear friend.

Jody Harrington said...

Thanks, Mac, for your prayers.