Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Why Quotidian Grace?

Inspired by the writings of Kathleen Norris (Dakota, A Spiritual Autobiography), Diana Butler Bass ( Strength for the Journey) and Nora Gallagher (Things Seen and Unseen)
and others who have tried to bring their faith into everyday ("quotidian") life, I hope to bring a similar sensibility to my own observations about the events of my day and the things that happen in the wider world around me.

My background is rather different from these authors. I was an attorney in earlier life, then a stay-at-home mother and now that my daughters are young adults I serve my church as director of Christian Education. I always had a strong interest in church history, doctrine and adult education, but have little formal training in these subjects.

Influenced by the writings of Leonard Sweet (The Aqua Church) and Hugh Hewitt (Blog), I was drawn to the idea of creating my own blog as a way of further exploring the possibilities of technology for expanding Christian education and faith witness beyond the four walls of the church building.

However, since my interests are very eclectic, I expect that the posts will cover a wide range of topics. My goal will be to look for God's grace in everyday things.

No comments: