Friday, August 19, 2005

Old Paint at Starbucks

I promise I am not making this up: Yesterday when I stopped at the Starbucks near my church for a little jolt of caffeine, there was a horse tied up by the tree in front of the entrance. Yes, friends, someone had saddled up Old Paint for a little ride across the concrete range of suburban Texas and stopped for a pick-me-up at the old coffee bar.

The odd thing was when I went into Starbucks I looked around trying to spot Old Paint's rider. But there was no one in boots, cowboy hat or even blue jeans!

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a camera--which I had left at home. Now my camera is in my tote bag so the next time Old Paint moseys over to Starbucks for an eye-opener I can show you his picture.

And you thought the Wild West was tamed!

3 comments:

John said...

About a year ago, I saw a horse and rider moving around a busy stretch of highway in Jacksonville. Wierdest thing.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Only in Texas huh? Odd thing about it, I read your post and did not think it was that far fetched.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »