Monday, August 21, 2006

Random Wedding Errands

Because I'll be gone all day tomorrow at a presbytery meeting, today was filled with lots of wedding errands--really random errands.
  • Took Gretel to the vet for a check-up because she had some worrying symptoms over the weekend and I wanted to get on top of the situation before next week. Now she joins Grandpa on lasix and needs bronco-dialators to reduce fluid buildup around the heart. The vet says she'll be pretty perky in a couple of days time. Look out Giant Rabbit Fu-Fu, Gretel The Mighty Huntress isn't done yet!
  • Who knew that Home Depot is the source of aid and comfort for brides and bridesmaids with ~ah-hem~ bustier slippage. Apparently double-sided carpet tape will keep everything where it should be, according to SIL and friends.
  • Mailed music to the string quartet for the service--copies of Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and the Pastoral Symphony from Messiah.
  • Razzlefrackzit. I created a slideshow for the rehearsal dinner with lots of pictures of Portia and DK (to the tune of "Going To The Chapel") but although it plays beautifully on my computer, when I burn it, the resulting disk isn't working. Spent a couple of hours on Apple IDVD help and finally decided to buy blank DVD's from a different manufacturer. That better work. Don't have much more time to fool with it. And it's so cute! Suggestions from any Mac geeks out there?
Keeping the faith and hanging in there! Tomorrow it's all about presbytery...

UPDATE: THANK YOU, JESUS! Changing disk types did the trick and the DVD works now!
Whoo-hoo!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

QG, reading about your day, my heart really goes out to my mother in consideration of all the things she did when I was a young bride in 1982. In the final month before the giant event, her mother was living in our house, falling in the night, being hospitalized, telling us she wanted to go to heaven and be with her husband, then landing in a nursing home due to the bruised hip suffered in the fall. I thought my mother was going to be ready for the hospital herself!
But you are strong and courageous, and I have no doubt you are made of the stern and orderly stuff necessary for the coming times. :-)

Jody Harrington said...

I really appreciate it, Songbird! Compared to your mother I have NO Stress!

spookyrach said...

Yay for Gretel! (And the weddingness as well.)

Unknown said...

Well just who knew that Home Depot had everything for any occasion. Hang in there. Don't let those little and big details get you down.

Gannet Girl said...

I think Gretel might feel better if she stayed away from those bunnes.