Friday, July 15, 2005

Hymns for Those Senior Moments

Found on a birthday card I bought for a (much older of course!) friend:

The Top Ten Hymns for People Your Age:

10. It is Well With My Soul (But My Back Aches a Lot)
9. Nobody Knows the Trouble I have Seeing
8. There's Something About That Name (But I Can't Remember What It Is At the Moment...)
7. Just a Slower Walk With Thee
6. Count Your Many Birthdays, Name Them One By One
5. Go Tell It On the Mountain--and Speak Up!
4. Give Me That Old-Timer's Religion
3. Blessed Insurance
2. Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah (I've Forgotten Where I Parked)

and the Number One Hymn For People Your Age: Nearer My God To Thee

I thought of two more:

Standing On The Promises In Orthopedic Shoes
Be Thou My Vision (I Can't Find My Glasses)

Bloggie pals, can you add more?

5 comments:

SpookyRach said...

I can't think of any to add, but those are great!

jean said...

Love it. So true. But . . . I can't decide whether to scream "ageism" or laugh

St. Casserole said...

In my frame of mind, I cannot think of any tasteful suggestions.
Love these, tho.

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Orlando Vacations

Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf magazine equipment review and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf magazine equipment review