Wednesday, September 21, 2005

We're Off


Thanks for all the good wishes. This will be my last post from home for a while--I'm taking the laptop with me so I may post once we get to San Antonio.

We're leaving with the following in tow:
Me
El Jefe
The Noble Dog
El Jefe's 90 year old father
El Jefe's sister
El Jefe's brother-in-law
Our neice, who had a C-section ONE WEEK ago and is still covered with stitches and in a good deal of pain ...never mind the hormones! Oy!
Her one week old baby girl
My sister-in-law's dodgy bulldog, Duchess
My neice's husband is in construction and may not be able to leave with us, but hopefully will join us as soon as possible.

We're off to San Antonio where we have managed to farm ourselves out between my family there. The drive will be a real ordeal--especially for my poor neice. She thinks that if we have to drive slowly it will be better for her. We'll have to stop a lot for her and my father-in-law to take breaks. We plan to come back when travel is safe and the power is restored.

I'm praying to remain calm, patient and focused on what is really important. Thanks for all your prayers, too.

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Praying right now. Please be careful.

Kathryn said...

Me too. Please let us have news as soon as you can, and know that our love and prayers go with you.

reverendmother said...

You're in my prayers. I imagine it will be slow going through no effort of your own--sounds like lots of people are getting out.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Be careful and know that we are holding you up in our prayers. Those of us who have traveled in cars with recent stithes and saying a couple of extra prayers for your niece. Not fun.

I'm also praying that neither dog is flatulent on the trip (hey, it's a fact of life, right?)...nor any other creatures in the car, human or otherwise.

Sue said...

I'm praying for all of you. Be safe. Check in when you can to let us know how you are.

wishing you peace and safety....

Karen Sapio said...

Wouldn't an ark be simpler in the long run?? Blessings and safe journeys.