Friday, March 10, 2006

Hair Today

RevGals' Friday Five theme today is Hair.

1. Do you like your hair?
Yes.

2. Have you ever colored your hair? If not, would you consider it?
Are you serious? Without my trusty hairdresser the hair around my face would be grey and the hair in back brown. If God didn't want me to color my hair She wouldn't have given us dye.

3. What's the longest you ever wore your hair? The shortest?
A-hem. This dates me, but in high school and college my hair was w-a-a-y down my back in the hip fashion of the day. I was the envy of my curly-haired friends because my hair is naturally straight as a board--just like Cher.

My hair was at its shortest when Portia was a toddler and Babs was an infant. Who had time for hair?

4. When and what was your worst haircut ever?
Alas, I had my hair cut in a Dorothy Hammill style bob when I got married. This was a most unfortunate idea. It looked wonderful on her, on me, not so much.

Brides-to-be, take my advice, don't make major changes in hair style just before the wedding. (Portia? Are you listening to your mother?)

5. Tell us a favorite song or scene from a book or movie dealing with hair.

Portia and Babs loved the story of Rapunzel and used to act it out all the time. They took scarves or long pieces of fabric and pinned them to their heads so they could have a long braid. They made their only male cousin play the prince--boy, was he a good sport!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair so I can climb that golden stair!

1 comment:

Jules said...

# 2 made me laugh! I too, wondered if it was a serious question...