Saturday, May 06, 2006

Campaign Store Opens

Inspired by the the many supportive comments I got when I announced my candidacy for Mom of Congress, I decided to expand the campaign.

With thanks to Hipastorzwife2B for suggesting campaign T-shirts, I created a Cafe Press store for the campaign with men's and women's T-shirts, a mug and a button. The link to the store is on my sidebar.

In the unlikely event that the campaign makes any money from sales of these items, I hereby pledge to use any profits to make micro-loans to third world entrepreneurs through Kiva. No slush funds are permitted by the Mom of Congress, either!

(And yes, El Jefe is gone for the weekend to a partners' meeting and both Portia and Babs are pre-occupied with finals and I had a lot of time on my hands....)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got my vote!

Fiona Ramsey
Customer Relations and Operations Manager
Kiva
fiona@kiva.org

spookyrach said...

Oh, cool! I volunteer to be a driver for the Mom-Approved-Congressional Carpool! (Only juice boxes in the cooler. No booze for these guys!)

hip2b said...

Love the shirt!
Thanks for the mention.

Jody Harrington said...

Rach--
So true! The country would be a better place if Congress' snacks were limited to goldfish and apple juice and they were driven around in mom-mobiles by responsible adults.
~runs to add that to the platform~