Thursday, May 25, 2006

I've Got a (Not So) Little List


(To the tune of " I've Got a Little List" from The Mikado by Gilbert and Sullivan)



As soon it will happen that your bride and groom must wed,
You'll need a little list, You'll need a little list.
Of all the folks you should invite to this little fete.
You'll need a little list-- You'll need a little list.

Of the relatives, the lawyer chums, the family friends and then--
You're spending hours hunched over the computer in the den.
Emailing lists to Portia, to El Jefe, and Joe Ann,
Asking for addresses, names of guests, and double-checking them.

Now it's a not-so-little list--
Oh Lord, who have we missed?
Yes, Lord, who have we missed?

The day is fast approaching when the list must finalize.
Each morning I arise and try to focus my crossed eyes,
Upon the never-ending list, the list that haunts my days.
I know I must soon declare it's done and end this phase.
The list that seemed so simple as its creation was begun
Is threatening to blossom into a never-ending one.

It's become a never-ending list!
Oh, Lord, who have we missed?

2 comments:

spookyrach said...

At least you can still laugh!

Sally said...

Hope the list grows well but not too well!!!