Sunday, December 02, 2007

Results of Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

I was SO disappointed--Portia didn't win the Ugliest Sweater prize at the party.

She said the winner wore her mother's sweater from 1980. Not only did it have shoulder pads that only a linebacker would love, but it featured a string of Christmas tree bulbs that lit up AND it played music. Alas, she didn't bring me a photo or video of it, so just use your imagination. Who could compete with that?

Babs, however, won the Best Outfit award with her aunt's borrowed nutcracker sweater. As she and Portia thought, it was just too tasteful for the Ugly Christmas Sweater competition.

Portia did report that a couple of gals told her they would actually wear that flamingo sweater. Chacun a son gout!

Aside to Rach: DK's pajama bottoms can be found at Old Navy in the men's section. Tell your Secret Santa.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I would wear that flamingo sweater!! It would make a perfect addition to my collection! Although I would NOT wear the one you described as 'winning'. Unless you could lose the shoulder pads......*hee hee*

I may get those pajama pants for myself as well.

Unknown said...

Too funny!
I said to The Princess, "Maybe I should get those pajamas for your brothers."
The Princess: "Oh. Please don't."

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I HONESTLY do not see how in the world she lost.

spookyrach said...

They would WEAR the flamingo sweater???! ha ha!

Thanks for the info on the pajamas!!! I'll put it to good use! ;)