Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Big Event

It's mid-afternoon and I'm finally about to start packing for the RevGals "Big Event". I got delayed by an email from Queenie and Doc asking me to sing at their wedding which made me a bit verklempt.

So talk amongst yourselves. Here's your topic: How can it be that the most economical option for our meeting turned out to be a long weekend on a cruise ship?

Ok. I'm better now. I promise a full report (within a reasonable time) after getting back Monday afternoon. It will be fun to travel and room with the lovely and gracious zorra and my friend Mary who will be our "retreat" leader. There will be no blogging while away because the cost of internet access on the ship is Ginormous.



7 comments:

Becky Ardell Downs said...

Way way jealous right now QG! BUT I get the pleasure of the much-anticipated "Pastors' Retreat" in the Piney woods. Woooo. Is it true that this became "required" because none of the pastors wanted to go?

Jody Harrington said...

Yup. I remember a few years ago when El Jefe was clerk of session he made a point of encouraging the pastors at our church to go because he thought they could use a break after all their hard work during Holy Week and Easter.

But they didn't want to go....Hopefully it is worth attending. Let me know what you think!

Mac said...

QG,

As one whose sea-going experience is limited to 60 days off the coast of Israel (waiting to go into Jordan to rescue an AFSC mission hospital during the 1970 "Black September" crisis--we never had to go), another 90 days in the waters around Cuba, and in the Western Pacific between the Philippines and Korea, I nonetheless envy you. At least you will not have to endure gunnery practice.

Have a great retreat.

Mac

Mary Beth said...

Lord, let's hope there's no gunnery practice!

Aw, you're going to sing at the wedding? So cool!

Unknown said...

I just hope you have fun.

The cruise ships need us, that is why it is cheapest.

And drink one for me.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ah, we missed y'all a whole lot.
Hope it was great fun!

Ruby said...

It was so much fun to be with you!