Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Big Event Pic



Here's my now-traditional (okay I only did it once before, but who's counting?) RevGal meetup Pedi-Pic. I took it on the first day onboard the ship.

I came home to find myself deluged with stuff to do, so I apologize in advance for not posting more details about the event. Suffice to say that the company was excellent and I very much enjoyed meeting everyone that I had not met before. My friend, Mary Marcotte, who led the event did a wonderful job and I think that everyone felt that out theme of "self-care" was certainly carried out on the cruise. If they didn't, you could have fooled me!

One of the most important things that I realized from the meeting was that you really don't know a blogger as well as you think you did until you meet her and spend some "quality time" together. Getting the opportunity to complete the picture I had in my head of many of them was a blessing indeed. There's nothing like spending hours watching the wake of the ship on the aft deck to create and deepen friendships.

Thanks be to God!

16 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Yes, thanks be to God!

Lori said...

How about a contest: Whoever guesses which foot is yours wins a framed copy of the photo!

Welcome home. Glad you had a great time.

Unknown said...

It really was great! So good to be with you again!!

Ruby said...

Amen. Some wonderful friendships were launched on that aft decks. I'll raise a Margarita to you any day, QG.

Ruby said...

uh, it was just the one deck. :)
-- must proofread before hitting "enter."

I haven't had a margarita tonight, I swear.

mid-life rookie said...

I too felt like we have a much fuller picture of our blog friends after sharing time and frivolity together. Blessings - MLR

Anonymous said...

margaritas anytime!! love the pic!

Gannet Girl said...

Margaritas on a ship! With great women friends!

I'm thinking this should be a WEEKLY event.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

eeerrmmm...I will be needing a list of whose shoes belong to whom. I think I am in need of some of them.

God_Guurrlll said...

I've been getting back my sea legs, however I don't mind the dizzyness because I close my eyes and I am on the aft deck with you all. Miss you.

will smama said...

It is why I purposefully moved from calling folks by their blogger name to their given name. I no longer know them only through that one window.

Deb said...

LOVE it!!!!!

Jan said...

Your writing makes me wish I could have come along, too. Maybe next year, when I have an empty next. I'm so glad you all had such a great time. The picture is cute and a looming tradition.

Diane M. Roth said...

I'm looking forward to meeting more of you. I hope there is another event.

RevHRod said...

After two years of saying, "I have to look that word up," I finally googled quotidian. Ahh! It all makes sense. Being with you and all the rest was a daily- quotidian- joy!

Jules said...

I'm so glad that my foot is in that photo. Not so thrilled with the chunky ankle, but oh well!

Happy memories and grace abound!