Friday, April 10, 2009

Recital Report

We're back!

Babs and I had a grand time visiting Catherine and her sister who came from San Antonio to hear her recital. I'm so proud of both of my nieces and it was a blessing to be reminded that they have become wonderful young women.

The recital was awesome--Catherine's voice just gave me chills up and down my neck several times. The event is part of her degree requirement so she had to choose songs in several different languages, styles and from different time periods. In homage to her Scots ancestors she did one song in deep Robbie Burns Scots dialect. One of her teachers introduced herself to me after the recital and told me Catherine displayed vocal maturity and musicianship far beyond her 24 years.

Babs and I enjoyed Cincinnati, which was much hillier (is that a word?) than we expected. We stayed on the campus of the U of Cincinnati which is quite attractive, full of traditional red brick buildings. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and all the spring flowers were blooming.

Today El Jefe and I are off to the bay after Good Friday service. Doc and Queenie are here for the weekend and we want to see them. We're coming back tomorrow for Easter.

No comments: