I haven't played the RevGals Friday Five for a long time, but could not resist the one this week--Moving and Changing. Having just finished our move from a home of 22 years to a new house, here are my answers to this week's Friday Five meme:
1. A big move is looming, name one thing that you could not possibly part with, it must be packed ?
Two things: the family sampler and the family silver tea/coffee service.
2. Name one thing that you would gladly leave behind...
The "oh-so-eighties" bright brass fixtures!
3. How do you prepare for a move
Getting rid of everything I don't need to take with me.
b. spiritually/ emotionally?
My brother said it best: remember that your memories go with you to the new house, they won't be left behind at the old one.
4. What is the first thing you look for in a new place?
5. Do you settle in easily, or does it take time for you to find your feet in a new location?
I settle in pretty easily, I think, although I haven't really changed locations since first moving to Houston in 1978.
The bonus for today; a new opportunity has come up for you to spend 5 years in a new area, where would you go and why?
I'm pretty happy where I am, but I guess my choice would be the Texas Hill Country around Fredricksburg.