Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday Five: Moving and Changing


I haven't played the RevGals Friday Five for a long time, but could not resist the one this week--Moving and Changing. Having just finished our move from a home of 22 years to a new house, here are my answers to this week's Friday Five meme:

1. A big move is looming, name one thing that you could not possibly part with, it must be packed ?

Two things: the family sampler and the family silver tea/coffee service.

2. Name one thing that you would gladly leave behind...

The "oh-so-eighties" bright brass fixtures!

3. How do you prepare for a move

a. practically?

Getting rid of everything I don't need to take with me.

b. spiritually/ emotionally?

My brother said it best: remember that your memories go with you to the new house, they won't be left behind at the old one.

4. What is the first thing you look for in a new place?

The kitchen.

5. Do you settle in easily, or does it take time for you to find your feet in a new location?

I settle in pretty easily, I think, although I haven't really changed locations since first moving to Houston in 1978.


The bonus for today; a new opportunity has come up for you to spend 5 years in a new area, where would you go and why?

I'm pretty happy where I am, but I guess my choice would be the Texas Hill Country around Fredricksburg.

No comments: