Monday, August 31, 2009

Beatrice Blogs: QG's Dachsie Day Care

Woof! Beatrice here with a report on QG's latest enterprise--dachsie day care.

Ever since Portia and DK moved into the neighborhood, I've been seeing a lot more of my sister Olivia. It seems that QG has opened a dachsie day care on me. Portia drops her off on her way to work and then picks her up on her way home.

This means my day is much more interesting. Here's our schedule:

Eight thirtyish--Olivia arrives. We have to lick each other, give the kiss of peace, and run around the house shoulder to shoulder.

Eight-fifty--Exhausted from our greetings, so its time for a morning nap.

Note that nap can be interrupted by people ringing the doorbell, coming and going, QG getting up from her desk, the phone ringing, or a noise outside. Then we must bark. Yes, we're light sleepers!

Noonish--Time for food! Our favorite is venison/rice/sweet potato dry food with a cottage cheese garnish. Nonfat cottage cheese of course because Olivia is...well it must be said...a bit chubby.

Afternoon--naps after lunch all around. Occasional forays outside if its not too hot for water, bird chasing, sunning and rolling in the grass.

Sixish--Portia returns for Olivia. Whew! It's been a hard day. But I like having company, especially when no one is home.

Evening--naps interrupted by evening walks with El Jefe and QG. Don't know what goes on with Olivia at Portia's. But there are some cats to chase there and I hope Olivia remembers whose side she is on.
Beatrice, her mark

5 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

They are SO adorable.

seethroughfaith (Lorna) said...

Mindy - her 8 babies and older daughter Misty all say woof woof

love the schedule ... sounds a lot like ours

:)

Rev Kim said...

Dear Beatrice,

Sounds like a great day! And we must tell our people about the food you get. Is it by Merrick's? Sometimes we get canned food from them that has venison, sweet potatoes, & green apples in it mixed in with our lamb & rice kibble. Mmm, good!

If Olivia needs any help with those cats, we'll run right over.

Your friends,
Newman & Redford

Unknown said...

Dear Beatrice,
I go out with my walker lady, Louise, and she takes me in the van with other dogs. I like the girls best.
It sounds like you have fun at your house.
I like naps, too.
Your friend,
SAM, A Dog

zorra said...

Dear Beatrice,

I'm sure you and Olivia are having a wonderful time together. I sleep most of the time now, and I never run, so I don't think I could keep up with the two of you!

Your friend,
Amie