Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Life After Wedding Week

Yesterday I cleared out my study which was filled with files, rsvp cards, lists and wedding gifts. Files into the file cabinet. Cards and lists into the trash can. Wedding gifts into the garage awaiting the return of our newly-weds from their honeymoon.

For the first time in about a week I paid attention to the news. Ugh. I'd rather live in Wedding World. Attempted terrorist attack in NYC thwarted, immigration controversies and demonstrations, riots in Greece relating to its financial bankruptcy, floods in Nashville, and the continuing attempt to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf from the BP explosion offshore.

And it's back to church as well. The Take 6 series on the parables of Jesus begins tonight and there is a presbytery meeting Saturday. As our senior pastor observed, "every other year in the spring the PCUSA goes to war." Yup.

I'm hoping to get back to my watercolors in a couple of days as well!

And so goes life after Wedding Week.

No comments: