Monday, May 03, 2010

MOB: Honorably Retired


Here's my favorite bridal photo of Babs in her wedding gown. I don't have photos from the wedding itself yet, but will share some when they become available.

The wedding could not have been more perfect! Threatening weather never materialized, so there was no rain. The flowers were gorgeous and the chapel was filled with family and friends. The music was beautiful and the service meaningful. I loved how the congregation sang out energetically the closing hymn "Be Thou My Vision."

We had a wonderful time at the reception--the food was great, the band fun and everyone danced, especially the children. The happy couple left in a shower of bubbles and blessings.

And now with that string of superlative adjectives, I hereby declare that the MOB honorably retired!

(Note to self: Break in new shoes before wearing to the next big event.)

Joyfully and exhaustedly yours,
QG

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! Glad that you had such a joy-filled family celebration! I hope we can see more pics as beautiful as this one.

We also had "Be Thou My Vision" as the closing hymn at our wedding. (oh, this is from "Rev Kim." For some reason, changing my email address also changed my name here.

Alan said...

Congratulations on your new role as Ex-MOB. May the couple have a life as wonderful as their wedding day.

Peace
Alan

Averill said...

It WAS perfect -- great job Moomie!

Sue said...

Well done, good and faithful MOB servant!

Reformed Catholic said...

What a lovely bride !!

Congrats !!