Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Watercolor

This is a portrait of Oliver, the beloved dog of one of Averill's Odi et Amo readers.

She emailed Averill a couple of months ago asking if I would be willing to paint his portrait. My first commission!

Painting, like any other skill, requires practice. I haven't been painting since Patrick's accident, our friend Diana's illness and passing, and the birth of our grandson. This was a great opportunity to get back to it, but it also meant re-learning some techniques and wadding some early attempts at the portrait.

This is the one Averill and I agreed could be sent to her Reader, and fortunately she loved it.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! So,...are you open for commissions now? :)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love it! You really are good.