Friday, April 15, 2005

A taxing day


kitchen in progress
Originally uploaded by Quotidian Grace.
On this day of rendering unto Caesar, it seems that minor irritations threaten to blossom into full-blown aggravations.

Hence this picture of our kitchen at the close of business today. Sigh. I'm told that most of the work will be completed by the end of next week. Those of you who have lived through remodeling projects will sympathise.

El Jefe continues to take the disruption very well. The Noble Dog has even adjusted to her new sleep chamber: she usually sleeps in the kitchen but now is displaced to the master bathroom.

I miss being able to prepare and eat breakfast there in the morning. The rest of the day I can deal with just fine--even the paint smells and the dust in the air. That surprised me because I thought it would be harder not to be able to use the kitchen in the evening.

No comments: