Thursday, June 14, 2007

8 Random Things Meme

Gannet Girl tagged me for this meme today, which reminded me that Mary Beth had also tagged me while I was on vacation and I had forgotten to respond. So with apologies to Mary Beth for the tardy response, I'm doing so now.

The rules for the meme are:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are my 8 random things:

1. I listen to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" podcasts on my drive to and from church on Wednesday evenings for choir practice. One podcast is equivalent to one round trip. I learned about WWDT from Songbird's blog and just love it. My favorite panelist is P.J. O'Rourke.

2. There's a collection of crosses on my kitchen wall. Each one is a gift from a friend which makes them very special.

3. Snow fell in San Antonio, Texas, the day I was born. I've never figured out what that portended. If anything.

4. One of my ancestors was a victim of the Salem witch trials.

5. IMHO feng shui is bogus.

6. With respect to gardening, I have a black thumb but am working on turning it to at least brownish-green.

7. Although I have a good "bump of direction", I'm terrible giving directions to others because I have a brain glitch that prevents me from articulating "right" and "left". Poor Portia inherited this trait, so DK is frustrated as well as El Jefe.

8. El Jefe and I met through a mutual acquaintance at the review course for the Texas bar exam. Despite that, we both passed the first time. (I scored higher, BTW).

Practically every blogger I read regularly has been tagged already. So I'll just tag Rev. Dave and his lovely bride Rev. Kim.


Update: For those of you who asked... Here are pictures of the cross collection.

8 comments:

spookyrach said...

Great list! I totally agree with number 5. Feng Shui makes me wanna say "Whut the hell?"

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Very cool list!

Gannet Girl said...

Great responses. I'm sure the snow meant something, but it might just have had to do with the black thumb.

Cathy said...

I would love to see the pictures of your crosses on the wall.

Anonymous said...

One of my ancestors was a victim of the Salem witch trials.

now that's interesting.

Oh and what GG said, and cathy too :)

Rev Kim said...

Great answers! I, too, have a small collection of crosses, and I would love to see a picture of yours!

Re: the phone thing, yes, it's unfortunate isn't it, because we have to do alot of that in our work!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're enjoying Wait Wait!!
I finally replaced the never-seen-again Nano, and I am enjoying the podcasts during my commute.

hip2b said...

I love wait wait too...although podcasts had not occurred to me yet. Hmm