Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Five, Er, One

Today's Friday Five from the RevGals is the Getaway Island Edition. With apologies to Cathy, today's poster, I am only going to answer the first question, which is: what book(s) will you bring to your fantasy getaway?

I've been planning to write a post encouraging everyone to read Walking the Bible: A Journey by Land Through The Five Books of Moses by Bruce Feiler for the RGBP book discussion that I'm hosting on the RGBP blog on June 25. So Cathy gave me the perfect opportunity to encourage my readers to join us. You can order a copy of the book through the RGBP Amazon bookstore by clicking on the link on the sidebar of the RGBP blog.

Walking the Bible is a great book to take along to your fantasy island. What could be better than accompanying journalist Feiler as explores the geographical source of his Jewish faith? You'll learn from his interviews with noted scholars and will be inspired when Feiler reads Bible stories in their natural surroundings. You'll have adventures and insights along the way and gain a better understanding of the Bible and the land out of which Judaism and Christianity emerged.

Bruce Feiler is a witty and engaging author with an inquisitive mind and sharp intellect. I promise that you'll enjoy a virtual trip to the Holy Lands from the safety of your fantasy island or even at home. Start reading now so you can join the book discussion June 25th! You don't have to be a RGBP blogger to join in. I'll cross post the discussion at QG that day as well.

6 comments:

QuakerPastor said...

It's ordered and I'm looking forward to reading it!!
peace out, QP

Diane M. Roth said...

I've got the book... actually have had it for a long time, and am looking forward to reading it now.

seethroughfaith said...

looking foward to this .. not that I have the book. Another amazon order just arrived but no sign of it

tell me (I did ask songbird) but is there any way that REV GAls can get the credit for UK orders. I still have to pay high shipping costs to get it to Finland but it's much cheaper than ordering from the US and usually faster.

thanks xx

Jody Harrington said...

Lorna,

I don't know. Cathy set up the store and I'm not familiar with it. I'll email her and ask.

Anonymous said...

Good book. Looking forward to traveling with all of you.

Cathy said...

working on the UK Amazon thingy. Will have to set up an account through the UK - and thanks for asking!