Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Faith Comes By Hearing--Second Update

Yesterday I finished listening to Luke and John and began listening to Acts. I'm a bit behind on the Faith Comes By Hearing schedule, so I need to step it up if I'm going to finish by Easter.

I was thinking I would listen to Acts right after finishing John and then go back to John in order to hear all of Luke's history without interruption. But I didn't plan too well and found myself on the freeway when the narration shifted between the last two gospels. So I let it run on until I got home which meant I was well into the third chapter of John. So much for that idea.

The contrast between the mystic style of John and the other three gospels is just as striking when listening to narration as when reading straight through them. I was surprised by the number of mysterious sayings in John that I didn't remember. Also I found it harder to concentrate on John than on Luke. But then, Luke is my favorite gospel--probably because I love history and relate to his style best.

Acts is one of my favorite books of the Bible so I'm already enjoying listening to this history of the early church. It's much easier to follow in this format than John!

I'm still struggling with bookmarking the recording on my IPhone's IPod. Whenever I switch to another application, I loose my place. Then I guess where I left off and often guess wrong. Anyone know how to fix that?

1 comment:

Lori said...

"Anyone know how to fix that?"

.....call a teenager.

:-)