Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Monday!

It's Monday and I'm checking back into the blog. My schedule got scrambled at the end of the week, but now I'm catching up!
  • El Jefe and I donned our Faux Aggie disguises this weekend, going up to Dallas to see A&M vs. Arkansas in the new Cowboy stadium with St. Betty and The Old Marine. We had a fabulous time although (poor Aggies!) our team lost. 
  • And speaking of Faux...we stayed at the Gaylord Resort near the DFW Airport. It has a large domed roof and features a Faux San Antonio Riverwalk in a huge courtyard. Made me want to return to the real thing.
  • Just before leaving I decided I needed some new blouses for fall and made a quick trip to a couple of nearby stores to look for the same. Ugh--the season's theme seems to be either Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves or Camo or Animal Print. A little of any of these looks goes a long way, IMHO.
  • And I'm working on a companion blog for QG--just for book reviews. I'm hoping to debut it this week so watch for the announcement! My plan is to continue posting all reviews here as well, but I would like to have all the reviews in one place. Plus there will be giveaways on the book review blog! So stay tuned....

No comments: