Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Party's Over


In a Hollywood movie, the grizzled veteran Jeff Bagwell hits the home run that brings the Astros victory in the 4th game of the World Series following the stellar performance of hometown favorite youngster Brandon Backe. But it wasn't Hollywood.

Congratulations to the White Sox who played incredible baseball.

Thank you Astros. No one thought you'd ever get so far! It was a great season and you gave all of Houston a great thrill and lots of fun.

We'd never been there before. But now we have. And we'll be back. Next year in Houston.

5 comments:

reverendmother said...

Well said. Gracious in defeat. I hope the rest of my hometown has been similarly gracious.

(It all happened so fast!)

spookyrach said...

You were the first person I thought when I heard the news on the radio this morning! You have my sympathies.

Anonymous said...

What a gracious response. I'm kind of impressed.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am so sorry. Next year....

Unknown said...

It's too bad. :-(