Friday, October 21, 2005

RevGals Friday Music Meme


Thanks, Songbird, for this quick meme. It's just what I needed today as El Jefe and I get ready for a weekend trip to Central Texas to attend a dinner honoring my brother in San Antonio and then go to Austin to check in with Portia and Babs. We'll all watch the Astros in the World Series Saturday night.

Astros in the World Series? It's not a dream? Wow--still can't believe it. Here's the latest fan superstition--courtesy of Houston's Mayor Bill White. Mayor White decreed that everyone must wear shoes without socks all weekend to show support for the 'Stros.

But back to the meme:

1. What was the last CD you purchased?

Mendelssohn's Elijah performed by the Academy and chorus of St. Martin in the Fields
(in English)

2. Did you like it?

I LOVE it. I bought this to replace the one I couldn't find. Reading 1 and 2 Samuel through for Bible in 90 Days prompted me to look for it and discover it was missing. Then I just HAD to get another one.

3. Is it the kind of music you would call your favorite?

Absolutely--one of my favorites, anyway. I love the classic sacred oratorios. I really love singing them.

4. What was the first album you owned?

Boy, that was a long time ago. I'm going to guess it was the first Beatles album.

5. And what was your favorite cut from that recording?

I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

QG, that was the first popular song I ever remember being aware of! Still a favorite.

Anonymous said...

Elijah's a good choice.