Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Razzlefrackzit!


One strike away from the World Series and the Astros snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. ARGGGHHHHHH!

Random observations from inside Minute Maid Park--

A giant sucking sound deflated over 43,000 screaming fans when Puhols hit that ball out of the park.

Foul balls hit into the stands should be caught by little boys with baseball caps, gloves and awed expressions on their faces.

Killer Bee costumes (worn in honor of the Astro star players whose names end or begin with "B") are cute on little girls--not so cute on women over 50. I'm just saying.

If the fans' spirit of community inside the park could be bottled, there would be peace in our time.

Fake orange hair worn turned inside out does NOT resemble a rally cap. Put it away.

The crowd was up and down all night as if they were attending mass in a perpetual motion machine. Oh my aching feet, rear end and thighs!

Creation of fan superstions about how to win the next game increases in proportion to desperation for a win.

It was after midnight when we got home. Being a fan is hard work. And I really can't believe we lost that way.

RAZZLEFRACKZIT !!!!!!!!

BUT--as Scarlett O'Hara said--Tomorrow is another day.

Houston still BEE-LIEVES. The Wizard of O (Roy Oswald) will get it done tomorrow in St. Louis. When he does, I promise to wear my RevGalBlogPals t-shirt to the World Series in Houston (yes we have tickets). That Astros t-shirt I wore last night didn't work so well.

Now I'm off to that visioning retreat, but will be back tomorrow in time to do the round-up and watch the 'Stros game. Keep the faith, fellow fans.

GO ASTROS !


4 comments:

will smama said...

My favorite sign they showed was the one that listed all of the 'Killer B's: Biggio, Bagwell, Burke and then Blemens, Betitte, etc...

I thought that was too funny.

Hope you retreat/vision well. Here's hoping Oswalt puts the team and an entire city on his back.

Jules said...

"I'm just saying."

Hilarious!

reverendmother said...

I hope you're right, Grace. God bless my brother, he has been burned so many times by Texas teams, he is starting to lose faith. Defeat from the jaws of victory is spot-on.

Unknown said...

I got in the car today to drive to a meeting with a male colleague. He says, "What'd you think of the game last night?" Instead of just laughing, I was actually interested on your account. Yeesh, what a heartbreak! But it's not over until it's over.