Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gospel Birthday Meme


Wednesdays are my day to write a "highlights" post for the RevGalBlogPals blog. Today two of the bloggers were posting a "Gospel birthday meme". It goes like this: take the month and year of your birthday and look up the corresponding chapter and verse in each Gospel.

Here's mine--January 28th is the birthday.

Matthew--no 28th verse in the first chapter.
Mark --" News about him quickly spread all over the whole region of Galilee."
Luke -- "The angel went to her and said, ' Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Now we're talking!
John -- "This all happened at Bethany, on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing."

Try it yourself--what are your results?

3 comments:

spookyrach said...

From another January celebrator:

John- He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Luke - Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.

Mark - And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

Matthew - and Josiah the father of Jeconiah[a] and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.

Gord said...

My results are posted. Quite a contrast in tone and content.

Anonymous said...

I am very dubious about MY results! Go see them and tell me if I am in some trouble?