Monday, November 28, 2005

Ode to Cyber Monday

The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as Cyber Monday because today more online shopping orders are placed than any other day of the year. In celebration of the arrival of the last of my Christmas online orders today, I offer this original tribute.

Avoid the Malls
:: to the tune of "Deck the Halls"::

Thank you, God, for online shopping!
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Saving me from dread mall-hopping,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Finding offers of free shipping,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
In pajamas, coffee sipping,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

Praises be for cyber-looking,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Books and clothes and things for cooking,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Checking prices, finding sales there,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Home accessories and footwear,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

As my cursor surfs for presents,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
The stress of Christmas giving lessens,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
See the Fed-Ex man deliver
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Stacks of presents to the giver,
Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.

~exits giggling~

10 comments:

see-through faith said...

sounds fun :)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I shopped on Black Friday...tis a tradition with us girls! But I also placed 3 online orders before we went out that am. AND they arrived today. ~high 5's QG~ We are so bad!!

Jane Ellen+ said...

Oh, very nice! I am going to remember this one.

opinionated said...

Yee---hah!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I received FOUR packages today and I'm almost through with my shopping!
Don't forget the joys of ebay...that's probably worth another verse....

aola said...

Love the song, LOVE online shopping!! I buy everything I can online, have even been known to buy groceries online !

Susan said...

Thank you for clearing up this meaning. I turned on the car-radio this morning on the way in to Denver and just as I did heard "happy cyber=monday" and I thought, "huh??? When I got home there were two books from Amazon on my porch. It's true ! It's true!

Jody Harrington said...

Thanks everyone. This is a test comment--trying to get my blog to update on weblogs.

spookyrach said...

Love it!

I'm a cyber-convert, as well.

Gord said...

THat is a good one! Actually we will do a bunch of cyber-shopping, but since my VISA bill month end is the 4th of the month we will wait a couple more days (delay the payment by that much more).