Friday, December 02, 2005

RevGals Friday Christmas Decorating Meme

It's time once again to join in the RevGals Friday Five Meme, courtesy of the uber-creative Songbird.

1. Do you display a nativity scene, and if so, where?

Actually, I collect nativity scenes.Here are photos of two of them: a crystal set and a set that was made from old oil drums in Mexico. Both were Christmas presents from my neices. The crystal one is on the mantel in the den, the one made from oil drums is on the table in the hallway, a white bisque set is on top of the piano in the living room, and I still have one in a bag that I haven't placed yet. And the pewter one seems to have been "liberated" by one of my daughters to her apartment in Austin. Oh... Babs!



2. Do you put a skirt under the Christmas tree? If so what does it look like?

Yes. It's a quilted skirt of course! Actually, it is not round, but a regular wedding-ring pattern rectangular quilt that is done in red, green and white fabric.

3. Do you hang lights on the house or put them in your windows?

No. I have two large wire angels that are covered in small white lights. We put one on either side of our front porch. Each has big wings and a trumpet! See photo at left.

4. White lights or colored lights on the tree? Big bulbs or the small pretty ones?

Tut, tut, Songbird, that's what we lawyers call "leading the witness"! Ok. Our tree has small white lights, but we add a string of red poinsetta lights and a couple of strings of colored bubble lights.

5. Do you have a tree topper? What sort? Who puts it up?

Yes, it's an angel in the shape of a star that I needlepointed years ago, B.B. (before bifocals). Of course El Jefe must place the angel--he's the only one tall enough to reach the top of the tree.

P.S. The picture of the angel was taken last year when we had our first ever snowfall on a Christmas Eve in south Texas!

3 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

When I read your first two responses, I thought I was reading my own blog! Thanks for the pix.

Unknown said...

I plead guilty.
I like your outdoor angels. We don't have any power outside in the front of the house, so we haven't done anything here. When I had a Victorian farmhouse with a porch, I did some outside decorating (with the small white lights wound around some evergreen roping).
Even though we live in snowland, we don't often have it at Christmas for some reason.

ax174 said...

Snow in southern TX? Amazing. BTW, speaking of TX, I got the magnets today, THANKS! I posted about them on my blog, here (scroll to the middle of the page). Thanks for being my swap partner!