Thursday, November 30, 2006

Great New Time Waster!

This afternoon's mail included a catalogue from something called Despair, Inc. located in Austin, Texas. I promise I'm not making this up. Their motto is: "Motivational products don't work, but our Demotivational products don't work even better."

So I went to their website: www.despair.com.

They have a slew of posters with sayings such as "Depair. It's always Darkest Just Before It Goes Pitch Black." and "Strife. As Long As We Have Each Other, We'll Never Run Out of Problems."

But the fun thing is that you can make your own poster on the website and save it to your computer-- like the one I made above!

Talk about a sinkhole for time! If you make one, let me know in the comments so I can check it out. I've got some other ideas--maybe I could do one with a Presby theme, or Worst Christmas Song Ever, or RevGalBlogPals Rule!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father was telling me about this catalog last night and we were just roaring wioth laughter. He didn't mention the make-your-own part.

zorra said...

I didn't know about the make-your-own part either. As you might imagine (since you know his sense of humor), this is one of the Scientist's favorite websites.

Jules said...

I love despair.com! I bought some note cards a year or so ago. I can only send the to people with my "special" sense of humor, so as you can guess, I still have most of the pack!

spookyrach said...

I love these people, too. And I have the same exact problem as cheesehead. Geeze.

Gruntled said...

My favorite is a picture of a bear snagging a salmon leaping up a river, with the caption "Sometimes a journey of a thousand miles can end very badly."

opinionated said...

It occurs to me that you could set your sights higher than Congress, especially after your training for moderator. Iraq REALLY needs a Mom!

see-through faith said...

sounds fun :)