Tuesday, November 14, 2006

RGBP Inc Receives Tax Exempt Status

I'm so excited that I'm cross-posting from the RevGalBlogPals blog! I just received a letter from the IRS granting RevGalBlogPals Inc. tax exempt status under section 501-c-3 of the Internal Revenue Code. When I filed the application I was told not to expect to hear from the IRS until late January 2007--so this was an unexpected and welcome surprise.

Now that we are recognized as a tax-exempt organization we will be eligible to do a lot of things that we couldn't do before. I expected that the IRS would ask questions about the group, since it is rather unique--organized around a weblog for the primary purpose of supporting women in ministry. But they didn't!

Thank you, IRS. You're my new best friends.

4 comments:

reverendmother said...

"Thank you, IRS. You're my new best friends."

Quick, Grace! Sit down, you're delirious!

Gannet Girl said...

I was just thinking the same thing.

But congratulations on such a quick response to hard work!

Becky Ardell Downs said...

I was trying to explain this group to someone the other day, with difficulty. I had trouble especially, being the non-business-person that I am, with the decision to incorporate, though I trust you guys completely that it was something we needed to do. I'm glad to hear there are things we can do now that we wouldn't have been able to do before. Can you give some examples for those of us who are clueless about all this?

Jody Harrington said...

Sure, Becky. It's a good question. In fact, I'll write a post about it so more people can see it.