Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Candy Cane Monday on Wednesday


Presbyterian Gal tagged me for this little meme, which asks what are your five favorite presents, either gotten or given? Sorry it took me a couple of days to get to it, but as you see below, I've had "issues."

1. As a child, I got a new book in the Laura Ingalls Wilder "Little House" series every Christmas for several years. How I loved opening those books and reading them on Christmas afternoon. And re-reading them the next day!

2. As a teenager I got a portable record/tape player that pleased me as much as an IPOD delights my daughters today.

3. It was a great thrill to give my father a mult-record set of the Brahams Requiem when I was a teen. It took me several months to save the money out of my allowance and he was very surprised!

4. El Jefe surprised me a few years ago with a beautiful set of black pearls. So elegant!

5. Last Christmas as we were preparing to buy a recreational home with my in-laws, my brother-in-law gave me a wooden name plaque our future bay house inscribed with the name of my family's original Gulf cottage by the sea. It's in my closet now waiting to adorn the finished product later this spring!

I'll tag Classical Presbyterian, Spooky Rach, Mindy and Denis Hancock (the Reformed Angler).

4 comments:

Rev Kim said...

I loved the "Little House" books. They are still at my parents' home, and I sometimes I will still pull one out and re-read parts. Great play!

Lori said...

Of all the books out there I actually missed the "Little House" books!

What a lovely gift list. I love the Brahams Requiem that you got for your dad. That is so sweet.

And those old record players were the best.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful gift the Brahms Requiem would be. I can hear some of the music now in my head. Gives me chill bumps.

Jan said...

The black pearls sound lovely.