Friday, November 02, 2007

The Premature Tannenbaum Blues



~cue harmonica riff~


Well you know I went down to the Barnes and Noble
Killin' time before a meeting
When what to my wondering eyes
Should I find that I am seeing?
Christmas tinsel and banners and mistletoe
Were mixed with witches and jack o'lanterns
Cause don't ya know Halloween was only yesterday
And the clerks haven't time to put them away

Its too early for Noel and Jingle Bells too
Givin' me them dirty ol' premature tannenbaum blues.

~guitar riff~

Well it seems they just can't wait to start the Holiday season
I won't say "Christmas" cause they are ignoring the real reason
Its enough to try the patience of a saint
Which you all know I ain't

Cause its too doggone bad when merchants want to confuse
You and rush you and push stuff that no one can use
Guess they just want to cut out the one holiday
When families gather together to give thanks and pray
Thanksgiving may be a day we 'll loose
If we don't fight those premature tannenbaum blues.

~wailing harmonica~

5 comments:

Rev Kim said...

I'm singin' those blues, too. There's a radio station here that is already playing Christmas songs nonstop.

Lori said...

Too true, too true. Even in California.

Hey QG are you gonna have the group Christmas Carol composition again? That was some righteous fun last year.

Jody Harrington said...

PG--
Absolutely. I'll host the second annual Worst Original Christmas Carol contest again at QG. Start writing those lyrics!

Jan said...

That picture is great and you expressed my feelings as I walked around the mall this morning, looking into Penny's and Macy's. . . . bah, humbug!

Unknown said...

Sing it.