Monday, June 14, 2010

Looking to the Week Ahead


Happy birthday to my Precious Portia! It's hard to believe she is 29 today. What a fabulous daughter!! It's also Flag Day, which reminds me that I need to get a new flag for the new house.

Busily planning this coming weekend's family reunion at our bayhouse. This time it's MY side of the family. I'm making my shopping lists, but also gave out assignments so each family group is responsible for one meal while we're there. I'm thinking disposable plates need to be at the top of the list!

Tomorrow I've got my second watercolor class (woo-hoo!) and the showing of the pictures from Babs' wedding. Can't wait to see them all!

Wednesday is a church double-header. The last of our "Take 6 and Go" studies of the parables of Jesus is that evening. I hope we get a good turnout so the group can also discuss our mission project that we did last Wednesday at Memorial Area Ministries. Earlier in the day I'm attending a seminar on Planned Giving by the Presbyterian Foundation at MDPC. My question is going to be how much the precipitous decline in membership is affecting that issue. It seems to me it could be a significant problem.

Thursday will be shopping day in preparation for Friday's travel day!

And today? Usual Monday chores and a chance to start a couple of new watercolors.

What's up with you this week?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Haven't commented on them yet, but I love your watercolors! You're doing great and I know it's a tough medium.

Wedding pictures will be nice. Want to see the MOB dress after the Olympic Shopping!!