Well, shut my mouth if Jan over at the RevGals didn't post a Friday Five meme all about Baby Showers since she is hosting one for her daughter-in-law.
As an expectant Granny-to-be, I must chime in!
1. What were baby showers like for you and your friends in the past?
Boy that seems like a long time ago! They were usually simple gatherings with Lady Food and the opening of presents for the baby.
2. Did you play games? What kinds?
I don't remember playing games at baby showers for me and my generation of friends. Guess we weren't so playful!!
3. In your job, especially if you are a pastor, do you get invited to a lot of baby showers? What do you do about them?
I'm not a pastor, so this one doesn't apply. I'm just invited to showers for the daughters of friends who I know well.
4. Are baby showers different for our daughters (or younger friends) than they were for us?
Yes and no. I think it depends on the hostess or hostesses. I've been to some showers where several games with prizes were organized, but most are like the showers back in my day.
5. Do you like hosting baby showers or do you avoid that responsibility?
I like doing it, but I'm not very creative about it so I usually recruit a friend who is to help co-host the event. That works well.
Bonus: Any silliness about baby showers you wish to contribute.
This isn't silliness--but Portia and I have been thinking that it would be great to have a Baby Book Shower where the only gifts requested would be books for the baby that she would choose and register with amazon.com and Barnes and Nobel or books that guests especially loved reading to their children or having read to them as a child. We loved reading together! I think it's a super idea myself. You???