Monday, December 11, 2006

Twelve Step Program for Blackberry Addicts


Your humble correspondent has posted in the past about life with a Blackberry (a/k/a "Crack-Berry") addict before, so I was very interested in the piece in the Wall Street Journal this weekend about " Blackberry Orphans."

The article was accompanied with a suggested 12 Step Program for sufferers (only available online to WSJ online subscribers). As a Backberry Widow, I made El Jefe read both the article and the 12 steps in their entirety.

Result: El Jefe vowed to cease emailing while driving.

One step at a time!

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Well...eerrrmmm...that is a start!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking covetously at Blackberry ads -- not a good sign.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking covetously at Blackberry ads -- not a good sign.

Unknown said...

I told Snowman about this story, feeling superior to Blackberry addicts, until he said to me, "You're the same way with your laptop. I'm always asking you to turn it off."
It doesn't make me feel much better that my only argument was "at least I don't use it while driving!"

Anonymous said...

El Jefe does realize that unless he stops e-mailing while driving he may just stop e-mailing while driving the hard way, right?