Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July: Patriotic Cupcakes

Here are the fabulous Fourth of July cupcakes that my talented SIL made today for family and friends down at the bay.

I KNOW they look like sliders, but trust me, they are CUPCAKES! SIL took these directions from blogger Bakerella and VIOLA! Her granddaughters had a lot of fun helping her put them together and the rest of us marveled at how cute they were and how good they tasted.

Here's the secret--the buns are vanilla cupcakes cut in half and the "hamburger patty" is a brownie cut into circles with a biscuit cutter. The condiments are all colored frosting. SIL makes it look easy, but it really takes some talent.

YUM! And happy 4th of July to all of you!

5 comments:

Reformed Catholic said...

They look almost too good to eat!!

Unknown said...

Those are darling!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love the burger ones! How cool!

Lori said...

Very impressive! But I think I must try one before finally deciding.......

longhornsteener said...

those are amazingly precious!!!! I am not sure if I could eat them....
Christina