As a blue norther is blasting its way through my back yard, I find myself involved in the following exercises in (probable) futility:
- sweeping the water off the side patio in the hope it won't become a skating rink
- wrapping the exposed exterior faucets with rags, plastic bags and tape
- gathering sheets and tarps to put over the tropical plants that are already frost-bitten from the early December snow
- encouraging Beatrice and Olivia to do their business outside by bribing them with doggie treats (poor babies!)
- preparing goodies for tonight's big game.
Tomorrow we're off to New Mexico for a mini-family reunion. It's warmer there, but not what I'd call warm. Wrap up, everyone!