Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti Disaster

I just made a contribution to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance for Haiti online--if you're so inclined you can join me by going here. I think that the faith-based relief agencies will best handle the donations that are pouring in.

Its impossible to get your mind around the scope of the immediate disaster there in the wake of the earthquake. Never mind the possible ramifcations that may come over the weeks and months that follow. I pray the US military and the humanitarian groups from other countries will be able to work quickly and effectively.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I agree. The problem with the celebrity telecons and other quickly set up efforts is that they do not have the structure for delivery and distribution of aid. PDA is a great way to go. Gonna go there too.

Thanks for the link.