Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Going on the No Read List

I'm grateful to my Gentle Readers who overwhelmingly affirmed the placement of Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert on my No Read List. Thank you!

For those of you who may be interested, there is a good review of the book from the Wall Street Journal's Meghan Cox Gordon. If you don't want to read the whole thing, here's her generous summation of the book:
"The spectacle of a celebrity author working herself around to a position that she has already taken may seem a trifle sophomoric and more than a little self-indulgent. But here Elizabeth Gilbert is a re-married woman. It would be churlish not to wish her and "Felipe" every happiness."
Trying not to feel churlish in the face of the fawning publicity for this book,

Yours faithfully, QG


1 comment:

jtoo said...

Thank YOU. I didn't care for her first book and thought I was the only one - my sil raved about, a number of friends thought it wonderful. Hum... glad you are out there.