Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Five: What Are You...

Today's Friday Five from reverendmother asks "What Are You..."

1. Wearing...
My favorite pajamas which feature a cute cocktail-themed print on the pants and a little matching margarita embroidered on the shirt topped off by a pink plaid robe and pink slippers on loan from Babs.

2. Pondering...
What came over me when I agreed to learn to play golf with St. Betty. FORE!!!

3. Reading...
Gentle Readers of QG know that I'm always reading more than one book at a time. Here's what's on my bedside table:

~ Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. I'm reading this for the RevGals book discussion next month. Not sure I like it, but I just got started. I've seen his Nooma videos which I do like.

~ A Vision of Light by Judith Merkel Riley. This is the first novel trilogy about Margaret of Ashbury, a fourteenth century Englishwoman with the gift of healing. This is a fun read, well-researched and would be a good RevGals subject for a summer book discussion. And yes, Songbird, I'll host it if the group decides to read it in June or July.

~Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. I love Chris Buckley (son of William F.). He's a great social satirist.

~ The Mercy Seller by Brenda Rickman Vantrease. I enjoyed her previous novel, The Illuminator, and this one is about the selling of indulgences. Perfect for a Reformer like moi.

4. Dreaming ...
Of Dunclutha (Gaelic for cottage by the sea)--the house on the bay we are planning to build with BIL and SIL for the extended family.

5. Eating...
Fat free plain yogurt mixed with fresh clementine slices and a toasted English muffin spread with low-fat peanut butter. Lots of strong coffee--black.


9 comments:

Sue said...

Great reading list QG!

My mother (God rest her soul) always said "Real women drink their coffee black."

I have a large mug of strong black coffee in front of me now, but that English muffin is sounding good too!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your pj's sound darlin!!

Iris said...

I second the Princess: those PJ's sound so cute!

Sr. Heather said...

Ooohhh... popping over to amazon to wishlist another book today!

Happy Friday!
Hedwyg

Mary Beth said...

wooh, MATCHING pj's and slippers, yet!

Lori said...

The PJ's sound inspirational for Friday!!!

Love the book list. More adds for my "gotta get" list.

and a cottage by the sea......Don't forget the hammock!!!

Sally said...

mmm, strong black coffee, that book sounds great- a wonderful June/ July read! :-)

btw Lorna says hi!!!

Unknown said...

Grace, I know I left a comment here the other day, or I thought I did. I love the sound of the Riley book and think we should put it on the list!

Jody Harrington said...

Go ahead and put it on. I think the RevGals will enjoy it--a good summer novel! Plus since it has 2 sequels if people like it then you can schedule another one later when the group is in the mood for another lighter novel.