Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Meet Me at PGF?


Presbyterian Global Fellowship is having a big confab in Houston August 16-18. Yeah, I know. August is not exactly the month recommended by the Chamber of Commerce for visiting Houston. But the meeting is downtown at the George R. Brown Convention Center which is fully air-conditioned. Plus downtown has an intricate tunnel network underground that is also fully a/c'd so you can walk all over without sweltering.


It would be a great time for a Presbyblogger meeting among those attending! Here's the conference website with all the information about the conference and how to register. The speakers and events look really interesting.

I'm planning to go, so let me know if you decide to attend and I'll organize a Presbyblogger Lunch or Dinner for all of us. You can leave word in the comments below or email me directly by clicking on the "about me" link on the sidebar which takes you to my email link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ill be there as a New Wineskins pastor with many good friends in the PGF!

Sounds like a great idea. I once suggested this to Jim Berkley and he commented that perhaps we could all wear our pajamas.... :)

(Unlike some bloggers, I write fully clothed for work, I assure you!)

I'll attend whataver you plan!

Alan said...

Is everything those dates? My wife and I were going to go with friends on a cruise that week but we had to cancel and now I won't make this either. We're going to have to take our Sophomore back to college that week/weekend.
Not a big deal but its the University of Hawaii darn...

Unknown said...

Does the meeting location have wireless? How far is it from SR 6?

This is quite tempting...

Jody Harrington said...

Denis,
Wireless is available at the George R. Brown, but I think the organizers have to pay for it so I don't know if PGF is doing that. They do have a business center where I assume you can get internet.

The city of Houston is about to begin construction of all-city wireless network, but it won't be done by August.

The convention center is downtown. That's not close to Highway 6 North, but you can access it pretty easily. It's a lot closer than Sugar Land.

If you decide to come let me know!